Industry > Six Flags News

SFOG Ride Cubbie Thefts

<< < (2/3) > >>

GADVwow:
a.  Articles like these may cause copy cats.

b.  Cubbie theft is not limited to SFOG, sad to say...

nitrorox1414:
Im still wondering how they got into the lockers

GADVwow:
By all accounts, except one headline, the thefts were from cubbies, not from ride lockers...

twistedrails:
The following is from the SFOG website.

--- Quote ---Loose articles of any kind (including but not limited to purses, backpacks, and beverage containers) may not be taken past the queue entrance and cannot be left on the load/unload platform of the following rides: Goliath; Georgia Scorcher; Georgia Cyclone; Superman: Ultimate Flight
--- End quote ---

Seems like those are the only rides with manditory lockers at their entrances. I only remember using them for Georgia Scorcher when I went 2 years ago. I don't recall what type of cubbies they have on other rides, but I can only imagine they are open all the time. The large bins and cubbies that they open/close depending on what train is in the station (found at most Cedar Fair parks), or the individual locking cubbies that were found on Nitro for a year seem to work very well to deter, if not prevent, such problems.

rjholla2003:
I thought they did a good job preventing theft since it was by train...until someone stole my friends basketball out of my bookbag in Talon's station. I haven't left stuff to the side of my own ever since. It's all zippered pockets or lockers for me now.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version