Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: SFMM Expansion Plans Revealed  (Read 1218 times)

Offline GADVwow

• Kingda Ka
  • Spunk: 20

Offline Ogolo

• Rolling Thunder
  • Spunk: 16
Re: SFMM Expansion Plans Revealed
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2008, 07:53:31 AM »
A new thriller will open in 2009, the first coaster since X debuted in 2002. Shapiro, who's not inclined to hop aboard X2 with its churning barreling turns, would only say the new one is more his style.

What about Tatsu??

Offline Dubya91

• Affiliate
  • Kingda Ka
  • Spunk: 10
  • Ma! The Meatloaf!
    • Who I Really Am!!
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2008, 11:10:47 PM »
What about that Parking Lot Horror that one that makes you Scream! ;)
Your Reigning 2008 Updates Coaster Draft Champion!

[[image removed due to size restrictions]]

Offline Millennium Force 44

• Rolling Thunder
  • Spunk: 2
  • Coaster King
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2008, 01:02:53 AM »
What about that Parking Lot Horror that one that makes you Scream! ;)

haha

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
  • Spunk: 15
    • GadvOutpost
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2008, 09:37:45 AM »
While an obvious stupid error, thankfully it doesn't appear that Shapiro made the mistake but rather the writer.

I still believe in this guy.  While many of us will be somewhat disappointed by potential "cuts" this season at Great Adventure, he is already looking towards the future.  A future that won't exist if he doesn't get these properties turning a profit FAST.  Magic Mountain is in nearly the exact same position as Gadv.  Its a massive property with lots of thrill coasters but horribly maintained over the years and has a lot of catching up to do.  By getting things in order and making smart inventments (A SECOND Jonny Rockets at SFMM!), they will start turning a profit to replace or upgrade the ailing rides.  These minor rides may seem like a huge loss but when you compare the ridership to the amount of staff and workers hours along with the cost to keep them running due to their age and part availability, well, I think he has the right idea.

Good article.  The east coast needs to get something like that published.  They need to let the entire region know how much of a turn-around is occurring to help get the word out.  Most people in my area gave up on "Six Flags" ages ago and probably still would even after the improvements until they REALLY get their act together.  2007 was the first season that Gadv held together til the end in probably over a decade IMO but they still have a long way to go (lousy food, long food lines, sometimes poor service,etc.)

edit:  I should probably add that much of what I wrote was also in response to Alvey's interview regarding ride closures.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2008, 09:41:36 AM by WadeJ »

Offline overlord

• Graphc Designer
  • Administrator
  • Green Lantern
  • Spunk: 18
  • Batman has no limits.
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2008, 12:36:09 PM »
Good article.  The east coast needs to get something like that published.  They need to let the entire region know how much of a turn-around is occurring to help get the word out.  Most people in my area gave up on "Six Flags" ages ago and probably still would even after the improvements until they REALLY get their act together.  2007 was the first season that Gadv held together til the end in probably over a decade IMO but they still have a long way to go (lousy food, long food lines, sometimes poor service,etc.)

You should send Great Adventure an email and tell them you should interview them. Haha. You are a very powerful man when it comes to stuff like that.