Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: Save Conneaut Lake Park  (Read 1042 times)

Offline PcMan

• Kingda Ka
  • Spunk: 11
  • Yo
    • techhi.net
Save Conneaut Lake Park
« on: May 02, 2007, 12:36:10 AM »
from my NJ ACE rep.

received this message from Bill Linkenheimer III, regional rep for the Western PA region. Please see below and consider purchasing tokens!

Greetings ACEers!

Conneaut Lake Park has been in the news quite a bit the past few days. In this message, we'll attempt to catch you up with the somewhat gloomy news from the park, as well as some optimism and a way you can help.

This past Monday, Crawford County Judge Anthony Vardaro rejected the park's plan to sell 3.3 acres of the park's land, situated along the lake. The land was the site of the Flynn House, which burned down years ago. It's to the left of the Beach Club, and wasn't being used by the park. The purchaser-to-be was willing to pay $1.7 million for the property, which was enough to allow the park to pay off some debut and open the park for the 2007 season. develop condominiums that were to be designed to fit in with the architecture of Hotel Conneaut.  From all reports, Greg Sutterlin, the developer of the proposed project wants to build condominiums that were to be designed to fit in with the architecture of Hotel Conneaut. Contrary to what usually happens when condos are built on amusement park property, these were likely to compliment and enhance the traditional park. Mr. Sutterlin seems to believe that a prosperous Conneaut Lake Park is vital to the success of his investment of developing residential real estate there.

The judge issued a whole litany or reasons for the rejection, the list of which would likely send you to sleep. Suffice it to say, we don't think he's a coaster enthusiast, and isn't as concerned about the Vettel-designed ACE Coaster Classic and ACE Roller Coaster Landmark Blue Streak as we are.

On Tuesday, park officials announced a new plan to attempt to raise the $300,000 they need to open the park this year. They hope to sell 60,000 commemorative tokens at $5.00 each. The gold-colored tokens made of copper and brass can be redeemed for a ride-all-day pass any weekday that the park is open. For enthusiasts, the tokens, which bear the park logo, will make a great collector's item, as they were sold and used as currency for nearly all purchases at the park during the era that Garry Harris owned and operated it. Incidentally, Garry Harris, who is probably best known for refusing to pay Federal income tax, was responsible for saving the park not only once--when he literally bought most of the rides at auction in the mid 1990s and then bought the park--but also a second time, when he gifted the park to a public trust to ensure it would always remain an amusement park.

So what are you waiting for? Invest in Conneaut Lake Park's future. Call the park and order your tokens. Credit cards are welcomed. To place your order, call the park at 814.382.5115, extension 104. Buy a few extra for your friends while your at it, as well as a few to use for collector trading in the future. Currently, the tokens are not being sold online
Yo

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
  • Spunk: 15
    • GadvOutpost
Re: Save Conneaut Lake Park
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2007, 08:55:40 AM »
This is a great idea but unfortunately, I think its failing miserably because of not having the option to purchase online.  I think after selling for nearly a month they only raised something like $3,500 which is a LOOOONNNNNGGGG way from $300,000.  Hopefully getting the word out help!

Thanks for posting Tom :)

Offline coastersue

• Spinmeister
  • Spunk: 9
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2007, 09:27:41 AM »
I agree that making them available online would be a big help.  They could probably sell quite a few by listing them on Ebay.  I also think they could do well selling them at coaster events such as the ACE Spring Con in CA this weekend.

Offline PcMan

• Kingda Ka
  • Spunk: 11
  • Yo
    • techhi.net
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2007, 12:54:22 PM »
Yes
I would buy one or more now if they had it on the web

One year Domain name with page forward to park  $4.95

Outcome  $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Yo

Offline Dubya91

• Affiliate
  • Kingda Ka
  • Spunk: 10
  • Ma! The Meatloaf!
    • Who I Really Am!!
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2007, 06:23:43 PM »
I'd totally buy one from Online! Hopefully they can raise the money, it would be ashame to see another small park go down the drain...:(
Your Reigning 2008 Updates Coaster Draft Champion!

[[image removed due to size restrictions]]