Latest Updates > Your Great Adventure Updates

Mark Kane new GM of Great Adventure

(1/4) > >>

WadeJ:
Geez... another one...

From Yahoo Finance:

--- Quote ---Six Flags Names Mark Kane to Lead Its Largest Park, Six Flags Great Adventure
Thursday September 7, 12:16 pm ET 
Current General Manager of Six Flags New England, Long-Time Industry and Six Flags Veteran Will Take Reins in New Jersey

NEW YORK, Sept. 7 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Six Flags (NYSE: SIX - News), the world's leading regional theme park company, announced today that Mark Kane, General Manager of Six Flags New England in Agawam, MA, will become General Manager of Six Flags Great Adventure in Jackson, NJ effective today. Six Flags Great Adventure is the largest park in the Six Flags system, serves some of the largest markets in the country -- New York, New Jersey and Philadelphia -- and includes the theme park, Six Flags Hurricane Harbor waterpark, and Six Flags Wild Safari, the largest drive-through safari outside of Africa.

Kane has over 30 years of experience in the theme park industry, including 19 years with Six Flags, and has held a number of positions of increasing responsibility across a broad spectrum of theme park categories. These include serving for the past two years as General Manager of Six Flags New England; as the company's Corporate Director of Games and Attractions from 2000 to 2004; and in a number of roles at Six Flags Great Adventure from 1976- 1987, returning as the park's Retail Director in 2000, as well as a number of other positions in the management, sales and distribution, and food and beverage categories.

"Mark Kane is the ideal person to take on this role at our largest park," said Mark Shapiro, President and CEO of Six Flags. "He grew up in the Six Flags system, building a wealth of experience across all operational areas. In the two years he's been at Six Flags New England, he has provided the leadership and focus required to make that park a standout. From team building and leadership training, marketing, guest service, long-term planning and the implementation of our park-wide entertainment initiatives, his performance is serving to re-define the standard. I firmly believe he will quickly transform Six Flags Great Adventure into a true exemplar of what it means to be a Six Flags park."

Six Flags, Inc. is the world's largest regional theme park company. Founded in 1961, Six Flags is celebrating its 45th Anniversary in 2006. Six Flags, Inc. is a publicly-traded corporation headquartered in New York City.

--- End quote ---

Bubba Z:
At least it's not Tom Cruise and Suri as the new Pr rep  ;). But you're right the problem is way higher up in the system than who they have as GM now. Hopefully they can figure things out in the off season.

chilled182:
Now i remember reading a few posts about people who did not like the way SFNE was run at all.  What are we in for now?

ChuckR:
I actually thought SFNE was run really good and was a great park. Hope he can do a great job here.

PcMan:
WHen I was reading the Euro Coaster club trips reports they loved the way the park treated them and the way it was operated.
I never been there Yet so I can't comment myself.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version