Latest Updates > Your Great Adventure Updates

Media Day!

<< < (3/13) > >>

blazzinmatt:
It soft opened today, but I don't know what time it ran until.

Deadman:
No traffic so i got here real early... just  chilling in the WaWa parking lot for a while.

PcMan:
reporting live at media day
3rd ride so far

Deadman:
I'm back from media day, I left right after it opened to "them". I only took like 5 pictures though, I'll post them in a little bit. I had a great time and it was really nice to finally meet everyone :)  It is definitely the best coaster in the park... the airtime is incredible.

PcMan:
Media Day video From Great Adventure
http://www.prnewswire.com/broadcast/24634/consumer.shtml

Diana and Austin and Coasten Steve included

RUN WITH THE BULLS AT SIX FLAGS GREAT ADVENTURE AS THE MONSTROUS EL TORO WOODEN ROLLER COASTER IS UNLEASHED
Story Summary:

El Toro, Six Flags Great Adventure?s highly anticipated, monstrous wooden coaster, celebrates its grand opening in Jackson, NJ. El Toro, which has the steepest vertical drop of any wooden coaster in the world, 76 white-knuckled degrees, marries the smooth height, speed, technology and exciting twisting elements of steel coasters with a classic wooden design.

El Toro?s launch was highlighted by roller coaster enthusiasts from six states taking part in a ?Running of the Bulls.? Participants charged toward the coaster dressed in traditional red-and-white Running of the Bulls attire, and competed to be the first to take on the fierce El Toro.

At 188 feet tall, reaching 70 mph, El Toro ranks among the tallest and fastest wooden roller coasters in the world. Its 4,400 feet of mountainous track includes records for the world?s steepest drop on a wooden coaster as well as the second tallest, fastest and longest drop of all wooden coasters in America. El Toro also delivers nine ?airtime? opportunities, giving riders the highly sought thrill ride sensation of weightlessness.

El Toro anchors a newly themed area, Plaza del Carnaval that evokes the sights and sounds of coastal Mexico. Plaza del Carnaval also features a new Mexican restaurant, La Cocina; new marketplace-style shopping at El Mercado; and a new rocking, spinning family ride, Tango.

For more information on El Toro and Plaza del Carnaval, visit www.sixflags.com
Soundbites

* ?Coastin? Steve? O?Donnell, Roller Coaster Enthusiast, Horsham, PA
    * Al Rubano, Director of Construction Six Flags Great Adventure
    * Franceen Gonzales, Spokeswoman Six Flags Great Adventure (Spanish-speaking)
    * Six Flags Great Adventure Spokesperson

B-Roll Includes

* El Toro
    * Running of the Bulls
    * Plaza del Carnaval

VIDEO PROVIDED BY: "Six Flags Great Adventure"
FOR TECHNICAL INFORMATION OR HARD COPY REQUESTS CALL:
MultiVu Media Relations: 1-800-653-5313 x. 3

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page