Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: Disturbing SFFT policy  (Read 2241 times)

Offline coastersue

• Spinmeister
  • Spunk: 9
Disturbing SFFT policy
« on: April 23, 2008, 12:53:09 PM »
In case you haven?t heard SFFT, is basically reserving the front row of Goliath for Flash Pass users. The only chance a ?regular? guest has of getting the front seat is if there?s no Flash Pass users at the time.

Does anyone else find this policy as disturbing and discriminating as I do? To me, that?s saying unless you shell out an additional $50 or so for a Flash Pass, you can?t sit in the front seat. Every other park using Flash Pass or similar, either gives them middle rows or merges them in with the regular line. To flat out give them the front seat is just wrong!

Offline coastermom

• Batman & Robin: The Chiller
  • Spunk: 12
Re: Disturbing SFFT policy
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2008, 04:51:09 PM »
I agree it is un-fair and wrong. Last week while using the parent pass I was told on Nitro NO last row , NO First row . It really wasn't  a big deal and I enjoyed my ride . I do understand the annoyance it can be but to just give up the front row to only flash pass users is just WRONG .

Offline Dubya91

• Affiliate
  • Kingda Ka
  • Spunk: 10
  • Ma! The Meatloaf!
    • Who I Really Am!!
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2008, 07:48:39 PM »
This pisses me off, your basically paying for the front row...
« Last Edit: April 23, 2008, 07:57:02 PM by RobbW »
Your Reigning 2008 Updates Coaster Draft Champion!

[[image removed due to size restrictions]]

Offline Millennium Force 44

• Rolling Thunder
  • Spunk: 2
  • Coaster King
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2008, 11:20:04 PM »
Wow. That's just ridiculous.

Offline rjholla2003

• Admini-what?!
  • Administrator
  • Kingda Ka
  • Spunk: 22
  • Ehh, What's Up Doc!
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2008, 12:07:56 AM »
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Peep the concept, you've got progress, you've got congress
We protest in hopes they confess, just proceed on your conquest
I ain't got no gavel, I ain't finna fight nobody battle
I just wanna be free, I ain't finna be nobody's chattel

Offline coastersue

• Spinmeister
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2008, 07:19:49 AM »
Although I've never used Flash Pass before, I was actually thinking of getting one at SFFT since we don't get there often.  After hearing of this policy, I definitely won't get one.  In fact, I don't plan on spending a penny in the park now.

It's a sad day when parks start selling the front seats on their coasters.

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
  • Spunk: 15
    • GadvOutpost
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2008, 09:27:05 AM »
Parent swap, handicap access, exit pass from break down, etc. I feel all don't have a right to choose front or back.  Although I guess this varies depending on the circumstances such as crowds but for the most part, I have yet to see any major park chain give up the front of back rows for any of those examples.  To outright sell the seats is not only unbelievable but stupid.  There was a article recently about Disney nickel and diming people to death and they were wondering at what point will enough be enough.  Six Flags has taken this 10 steps further and it will result in nobody returning for the 2009 season.

Such a shame for what is probably one of the greatest parks in their entire chain.

Offline GADVwow

• Kingda Ka
  • Spunk: 20
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2008, 04:10:24 PM »
Uh, Mindbender at Six Flags Over Georgia has had its back seats reserved for Flash Pass users for quite some time.  And most of us are very NOT happy about it.  Even if the seats go unused, the general public is NOT allowed to seat themselves in them...they go out empty.

Offline CycloneMan

• Houdini's Great Escape
  • Spunk: 13
  • Great Adventure where you're part of the fun!
    • North East Coasters
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2008, 04:47:02 PM »
^^At La Ronde, the last row (back car) is only reserved for Handicapped. And when we use it at any Six Flags park, they let us pick the last row. And at non-SF parks, they actually sit you in the front row!

Coaster Count: 255

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
  • Spunk: 15
    • GadvOutpost
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2008, 04:57:45 PM »
Wow, I presume you mean a middle row somewhere and not the actual front. While that does suck, its not as bad as the front row!

Offline Millennium Force 44

• Rolling Thunder
  • Spunk: 2
  • Coaster King
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2008, 05:31:45 PM »
Uh, Mindbender at Six Flags Over Georgia has had its back seats reserved for Flash Pass users for quite some time.  And most of us are very NOT happy about it.  Even if the seats go unused, the general public is NOT allowed to seat themselves in them...they go out empty.

That would make me really mad. I don't understand why they would send out a train with empty seats that could EASILY be filled. I think the best thing to do with the flash pass is to just merge the flash pass users with the people in the station like on Nitro, Batman, KK... People can get very angry if they find out that a flash passer is entering from the exit and they have to wait another train.

Offline rjholla2003

• Admini-what?!
  • Administrator
  • Kingda Ka
  • Spunk: 22
  • Ehh, What's Up Doc!
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2008, 06:16:18 PM »
Works in Space...
*statement not true during holidays where merge points A and B are open, in addition to the standard merge point*
Peep the concept, you've got progress, you've got congress
We protest in hopes they confess, just proceed on your conquest
I ain't got no gavel, I ain't finna fight nobody battle
I just wanna be free, I ain't finna be nobody's chattel

Offline coastersue

• Spinmeister
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2008, 09:11:31 PM »
The news is really spreading and it's not making the park look very good.

http://www.screamscape.com/html/six_flags_fiesta_texas.htm

Offline coastermom

• Batman & Robin: The Chiller
  • Spunk: 12
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2008, 10:02:10 PM »
I can only speak from my experience . With the parent pass ..ON nitro we are given a row to sit in . It is usually a row where there are aleady only two riders ready for the next train or they sit 4 of us in one row two with the parent pass and two with a handicaped pass . NEVER the front and this season never the last row in the past we have sat in the last row but the next to last row is just as good I just want to ride with out the crying of my son on line for a ride he can't ride ... OK Ranting over now back to the point  . At ET we merge in with the line and we usually wait a train or two to ride out we sit where ever we want . KK is a different story we usually sit in the middle somewhere but have never taken the front  . THE FRONT IS A HUGE WAIT on any ride and I would NEVER want to take that from anyone . Only once with a parent pass were we given the front and that was in CP on TTD . ONLY because there was a single rider there and they needed to fill the seat . IT was amazing though :).  I would be mighty pissed off if they made me pay to ride the front of any ride . That would make me not return to a park for sure . What a joke it is a true slap in the face to anyone who doesn't get a flash pass.